The Shiloh meets EPA requirements for CERTIFIED wood burning appliances as well as meeting State of Washington regulations for low emissions at 4.21 grams/hour.
The high-efficiency Shiloh® wood stove is an AIR TIGHT plate steel wood stove that burns efficiently while producing maximum heat. A Heavy cast iron door with air washed ceramic glass allows a magnificent view of the burning fire.
Here's how it works: The primary air inlet at the front of the stove ignites the wood upon start up. Once burning, the secondary air inlet at the rear of the firebox feeds air to the top of the stove through three (3) ignition tubes directly above the wood. The result is that you have ignition, or fire, at the bottom and at the top of the woodstove which, in effect, consumes the wood. This is a VERY efficient method of getting the most energy possible out of the wood that you are burning.
- Burns up to 8 hours on one fueling
- The Shiloh wood stove heats up to 1,200 square feet
- Accepts logs up to 18 in in length
- BTU rating: 68,000
- Cast iron door with large 14.5 in x 8 in ceramic glass window
- Heavy gauge 3/16 in reinforced plate steel with firebrick lining
- Pewter trim
- Over 75% efficient
- Safety tested to UL Standard 1482-1998 and ULC-5627
- EPA Certified and WA State approved
- Large ash drawer for easy ash removal