ASTRO-FOIL reflective installation consists of two layers of aluminum foil laminated to the outside of two layers of heavy-duty polyethylene air-bubble cushioning. These bubbles form trapped air spaces between the foil surfaces to give the structure excellent R-values. Because ASTRO-FOIL II is also impervious to moisture and air currents, it is an ideal convection and vapor barrier. ASTRO-FOIL's surfaces reflect heat in both directions to keep you warm in the Winter and cooler in Summer.
- Convenient tabs make it easy to position and staple ASTRO-FOIL between studs, floor joists and rafters.
- It reflects heat - keeps buildings warm in Winter and cool in Summer.
- It stops air infiltration - seals drafty buildings.
- It acts as a vapor barrier.
- It is strong, light weight, clean and does not degrade over time.
- It is easy and fast to install - usually saves up to 50% labor time.
- It improves comfort AND saves money.