GRK Fasteners Rss Series 5/16-Inch Rugged Structural Screw
- Some stock photographs may show options that are not included. Please check product description.
Rss Series 5/16-Inch Rugged Structural Screw
Please select a store to view pricing and availability.
* Estimated stock levels as of Mon, May 23, 2022. All items subject to prior sale. Prices may vary between stores and online. Please call ahead to confirm availablity of items marked as Limited Stock.
- Recessed star drive zero stripping, with six points of contact
- CEE Thread enlarges hole to reduce splitting
- W-Cut low torque, faster drive
- Zip-Tip no pre-drilling, faster penetration
- Washer head for immense holding power
- Cutting pockets provide a clean hole and reduces splitting and bore with precision
- Case hardened steel for high tensile, torque and shear strength
- Climatek coating is AC257 code approved for use in treated lumber
GRK's RSS™ screw is made of specially hardened steel to provide you with high tensile, torque and shear strength. The sharp threads and points bite instantly into the material (including hardwood), reducing the splitting effect due to smaller shanks. RSS™ screws that are 3-1/8 in and longer have CEE threads which enlarge the screw hole for the non-threaded portion of the fastener, allowing the wood to settle easily and increases the screw's drawing strength. The CEE thread also reduces the friction on the screw shank which can result in lowering the driving torque and the likelihood of splitting the wood. This is why the RSS™ screw is an efficient lag screw alternative. Our round head with built-in shield (washer type head) has no sharp edges like conventional lag screws. The added shoulder (nominal diameter) underneath the washer has the ability to center the RSS™ screw in pre-drilled hardware like hinges and connector plates.
|Application||For interior and exterior use in carrying beams, ledger boards, stair rails, deck posts, playground equipment and other professional applications|
|Shear Strength||2948 lb|
|Thread Length||4 in|
The following information is subject to change without notice
|Certification, Codes, Standards||ACQ AC257 Compliant; ICC-ES Approved|