Electrical Department Associate:
A Electrical Department Associate position is currently open at our Dodge City, KS location. Career opportunities may be available to full-time employees.
To be an integral part of our retail sales team by demonstrating excellent customer service skills in our retail store. Our ideal candidate takes pleasure in solving problems, is able to work under pressure, sell to customers and enjoys being part of a team. Teamwork at Sutherlands means participating in team decisions, maintaining good working relationships and supporting coworkers and our business goals.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers
- Assisting customers with home improvement questions and guiding customers towards the right product(s)s primarily in the electrical department, but in other departments around the store as needed.
- Maintaining excellent store presentation
- Be crossed trained to fill in at other departments.
- Assist with refunds and exchanges
Qualified candidates will have a high school education/GED and 1+ years of retail sales experience or the equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training. Specific product knowledge and sales experience is preferred, but not necessary. A varied schedule will include day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledgeable with home improvement products
- Knowledgeable with Electrical Fundamentals
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Motivated, hardworking and honest
- Detail oriented
- Prior Electrical trade or sales experience preferred.
We offer competitive pay, based on your level of experience.
The responsibilities and qualifications displayed here are subject to change.
This is not an official job description. Sutherlands® strives to be a drug-free work environment. All
employees are subject to initial and random drug screening.
We are a privately held company with a very successful history. We are an equal opportunity
employer and offer the opportunity for a challenging and rewarding career.