GRK Fasteners 5/16 x 3-1/8-Inch Rss Rugged Structural Screw Mini Handy-Pak
- Some stock photographs may show options that are not included. Please check product description.
5/16 x 3-1/8-Inch Rss Rugged Structural Screw Mini Handy-Pak
Please select a store to view pricing and availability.
* Estimated stock levels as of Sun, Sep 26, 2021. All items subject to prior sale. Prices may vary between stores and online. Please call ahead to confirm availablity of items marked as Limited Stock.
- Recessed star drive zero stripping, with six points of contact
- CEE Thread™ enlarges hole to reduce splitting
- W-Cut™ low torque, faster drive
- Zip-Tip™ no pre-drilling, faster penetration
- Washer head for immense holding power
- Cutting pockets provide a clean hole and reduces splitting and bore with precision
- Case hardened steel for high tensile, torque and shear strength
- Climatek™ coating is AC257 code approved for use in treated lumber
GRK's RSS™ screw is made of specially hardened steel to provide you with high tensile, torque and shear strength. The sharp threads and points bite instantly into the material (including hardwood), reducing the splitting effect due to smaller shanks. RSS™ screws that are 3-1/8 in and longer have CEE threads which enlarge the screw hole for the non-threaded portion of the fastener, allowing the wood to settle easily and increases the screw's drawing strength. The CEE thread also reduces the friction on the screw shank which can result in lowering the driving torque and the likelihood of splitting the wood. This is why the RSS™ screw is an efficient lag screw alternative. Our round head with built-in shield (washer type head) has no sharp edges like conventional lag screws. The added shoulder (nominal diameter) underneath the washer has the ability to center the RSS™ screw in pre-drilled hardware like hinges and connector plates.