Safer Japanese Beetle Trap
- Some stock photographs may show options that are not included. Please check product description.
Japanese Beetle Trap
Please select a store to view pricing and availability.
* Estimated stock levels as of Mon, Dec 5, 2022. All items subject to prior sale. Prices may vary between stores and online. Please call ahead to confirm availability of items marked as Limited Stock.
Safer® Brand Japanese Beetle Trap
The Safer® Brand Japanese Beetle Trap uses a food and sex attractant to lure insects into the trap and disrupts the mating cycle. A controlled release system maximizes the life of the attractant and protects the attractant from environmental degradation. Place this natural pest control trap at least 10 ft away from plantings to prevent defoliation.
- Slide vanes together at the slots to form a cross
- Attach the twist tie by inserting about 4 in through the holes in the top vane assembly as shown in the diagram below and twist to secure the trap
- Attach one of the disposable collection bags to the vane assembly by gently sliding the holes in the bag over the cutout hooks on the lower end of the trap vanes.
- Remove the bait pack from its protective packaging. Peel the protective cover (marked peel) from the Safer Brand Japanese Beetle Trap bait pack
- Peel the paper from the adhesive strip on the back of the sex/floral lure bait pack and attach the bait onto the trap vane. Do not attempt to peel apart the bait. Best results are obtained by attaching the bait pack to the lower third of the trap vane.
Trap Placement, Application Rate and Use:
- Place traps as beetles emerge in mid-May to early June in Georgia and South Carolina
- Early June to mid June in North Carolina and Tennessee
- Mid June to early July in Kentucky, Delaware, Washington DC, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Early July to mid July in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New jersey
- Mid July in New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont and Maine.
- Place traps on the generally upwind side of vegetable gardens, flower gardens, ornamental shrub planting and other outside landscape planting attached by the beetles. Apply traps at the rate of one trap per 50 linear feet along two sides of plant perimeters. For example, if the site is 1-50 linear feet, place only one trap on each of hte two sides. If the site is 51-100 linear feet, place two traps on each of the two sides, etc. Do not enclose the treated site with traps.
- Hang traps from any suitable post or stand in sunny areas 3 to 5 ft above the ground.
- Place traps at least 10 ft away from the planting as they may attract beetles to foliage if placed closer
- Replace bags when full. If trap catches decline and beetles are still present, replace bait pack. Remove traps from site when beetles are no longer present.
Read all information and instructions provided on product's instructions and label, including all cautions, before use.