A versatile mat underlayment for setting tile and stone over any acceptable subfloor.EasyMat®is so fast and easy to install because it is up to 25 times lighter than 1/4 in (6 mm) backerboard, cuts easily with a utility knife, and doesn't require any nails or screws. The mat was specially designed so that the mortar locks in, creating a bonded crack-prevention system for subfloor movement up to 1/4 in (6 mm). This bonded system will withstand repeated stress and still maintain its tenacious bond. It is a superior alternative to cork underlayments because it will not rot, shrink,or absorb water. EasyMat® has SoundGard® Technology and therefore offers high and credible impact sound reduction. Use EasyMat® with other Custom® materials to qualify for a lifetime warranty.
- Set tile and stone over any acceptable subfloor
- Highest level of impact sound reduction (up to 71 dB sound reduction)
- Specially designed so the mortar locks in and forms a bonded crack prevention system
- No mechanical fasteners required
- Up to 9 times lighter than other sound reduction mats
- Will not shrink, rot or absorb water
- Use as thermal break under floor heating systems
- Suitable for residential and light commercial applications only
- Do not bond directly to hardwood, Luan plywood, particle board, parquet, cushion or sponge-back vinyl flooring, metal, fiberglass or plastic.