Simpson Strong-Tie® hurricane ties provide a positive connection between the truss/rafter and the wall of the structure to resist wind and seismic forces.
- Holds the member on two sides to provide resistance to uplift and lateral forces.
- Use also for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- Install in pairs on either side of the rafter/truss/joist to provide resistance to uplift and lateral forces.
- Galvanized for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with (10) 8d common nails or #9 x 1 1/2 in Strong-Drive SD screws