TERRO 1-Ounce Liquid Ant Killer
- Some stock photographs may show options that are not included. Please check product description.
1-Ounce Liquid Ant Killer
Please select a store to view pricing and availability.
* Estimated stock levels as of Thu, Jun 1, 2023. All items subject to prior sale. Prices may vary between stores and online. Please call ahead to confirm availability of items marked as Limited Stock.
- Attracts and kills all common household ants
- Kills the ants you see and the ants you don't
- Worker ants deliver a lethal dose to the rest of the colony
- Apply product to cardboard tiles and place where ants are seen
- Use along baseboards, under cabinets, and near entry points
When you have a bug problem, you want to ensure your efforts are as simple and effective as possible. TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer uses borax to kill the ants you see, as well as the ants you don't see. It works by allowing the forager ants to consume the product and survive long enough to carry the liquid back to the nest and deliver a dose to the rest of the colony. Complete control may take up to two weeks. For your convenience, the packaging readily comes apart to allow for easy placement.
Since this is a bait, initially you will see more ants - but don't worry, this is a good thing. As ants forage for food, they are easily attracted to the sweet liquid. After finding the bait, worker ants consume it and leave behind a pheromone trail leading back to the colony. This trail lets other worker ants know where the newly discovered food supply is. This is why you will see more ants in the beginning.
Meanwhile, the active ingredient, borax, is slowly interfering with each ant's digestive system, ultimately killing them, but leaving enough time for the ants to go back and share the dose with the rest of the colony. This slow kill is necessary so that foraging ants can make several trips to the bait, allowing you to get rid of both the ants you see and the ants you don't.
Read all information and instructions provided on product's instructions and label, including all cautions, before use.
|Ingredients||5.40% Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate (Borax)|
|Target Species||Acrobat ants, Argentine ants, big-headed ants, cornfield ants, crazy ants, ghost ants, little black ants, odorous house ants, pavement ants, white-footed ants, and other sweet-eating ants (except fire ants, pharaoh ants, carpenter ants, and harvester ants)|